Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day camping

Wow, what a rugged trip. I got a speeding ticket right away in Tillamook. The 55 zone changed to 35 and I didn't see a sign and of course those cops were camping out ready to give out small town tax!!!
Anyway, it was rainy on Saturday and early Sunday, but we had a good time. Our tent held up pretty well. There were some leaks, but on the edges and we were able to contain it. The beaches are cold and rugged. I think we have enough of Oregon coast, need to move someplace warmer.

This is at the new Tillamook Forestry center










From the top of the fire lookout tower - we'll try to rent one of these sometime.










A typical Oregon vacation









Our campground is next to the beach near Waldport, central OR.









Our actual campsite is about 10 feet away from the 101 highway. The Forest service didn't put that on the brochure.









I put up tarp this time. Lesson of the trip - you can never have enough tarp for an oregon camping trip. One more over the tent would have helped.









Wierd little sailboat like creatures at the beach









Joe at the beach









Michelle making smores! Burn off some of those old woods.










Joe plays ukulele.

No comments: