So Michelle took me to see Avenue Q last night. It was a lot of fun, but the character Christmas Eve made me choked and rendered me laughless when she is on.
****** Christmas Eve *******
queue ominous music
queue ominous music

Here is her part in "sucks to be me" - sing with heavy Chinese accent
CHRISTMAS EVE
Your lives suck?
I hearing you correctly? Ha!
I coming to this country
For opportunities.
Tried to work in
Chinese restaurant
But I'm Japanese.
But with hard work
I earn two Master's Degrees
In social work!
And now I a therapist!
But I have no clients
And I have an
Unemployed fiance'!
And we have lots
Of bills to pay!
It suck to be me!
It suck to be me!
I say it
Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-
Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-
Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-
Suck!
It suck to be me!
CHRISTMAS EVE
Your lives suck?
I hearing you correctly? Ha!
I coming to this country
For opportunities.
Tried to work in
Chinese restaurant
But I'm Japanese.
But with hard work
I earn two Master's Degrees
In social work!
And now I a therapist!
But I have no clients
And I have an
Unemployed fiance'!
And we have lots
Of bills to pay!
It suck to be me!
It suck to be me!
I say it
Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-
Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-
Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-Sucka-
Suck!
It suck to be me!
Then she got another song -
"The More You Ruv Someone."
She is suppose to be Japanese, but her accent and mannerism is exaggerated Chinese stereotype. Anyway, the sound was terrible last night and I could understand maybe 25% of what she was saying. I had a hard time with the Muppets too, but for them 80%.
This character is the most offensive character I've seen, probably ever. Of course the audience laughed it up, man what is this the 50s? Should bring back Charlie Chan, he got lots of laugh.
Anyway, she got out of the way and I was able to enjoy the Muppets antics.
And finally - hold on, you're paying how much to see a muppet show???
Who're the Suckas!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment