Saturday, December 19, 2009

before Christmas update

Hi everyone,

Wow, it is almost Christmas. Can you believe another year has passed by? Sorry, I haven’t update the blog since Nik’s wedding. There is not much going on in Portland in Winter time.

I made Nacho from scratch the night before Thanksgiving. It was really good!

Michelle spend the whole morning making Turkey, ranch style potatoes, asparagus risotto, green beans and carrots, and stuffing. She did a great job this year and we opened a bottle of Williamette Valley Pinot Gris to go with the meal.

 

I got a pair of speakers and the box they came in made a perfect fort/scratching post for Lily and Zoey.

 

Director park just opened. It took forever to finish this park, but it looks great. It will be very nice in the summer.

The Portland Christmas tree is up in Pioneer Square. There were a bunch of booths that day selling Christmas stuffs.

 

Pioneer place II, the mall downtown. The Christmas tree here is cool and they had fake snow swirling down. The fake snow looks cool until they touch your head, then they look like what I imagine asbestos to look like – little white threads.

I made Nam Prik Ong one evening. Sticky rice, veggie and Kab Moo. This was really good, Michelle liked it a lot too.

close up.

ok, that’s it for now. I’ll post more pictures in a few days. We went to get congee (joke), get hair cut and hang out downtown today. It’s not as cold now so we can handle going outside.

No comments: