Friday, November 24, 2006

Rarotonga

Here are some details on my vacations. Michelle couldn't make it due to classes so this year we are vacationing seperately. She was in Oaxaca for a class when I left. The first stop is Tahiti. 8) only 90 minutes tho. Anyway, I heard it was not that good. Everything is very expensive and they didn't have any good beaches. My first real stop was Rarotonga, Cook Island. Rarotonga is about 30km in diameter. I rented a scooter and had a blast riding it around. The food on the Island was pretty pricey. Good thing the backpacker place had a kitchen, there are only expensive restaurants near Muri beach. I had mostly ramen and tomato sandwich. I call it the Rarotonga diet.
My room is right on the beach - 20 bucks. There were 5 bed in that room though. A lot of people were from the U.K. Mostly starting off or ending their year long trip, nice...
Anyway, I spend a nice relaxing 5 days relaxing and snorkeling. It was great, I'll definitely bring Michelle next time. This Island is pretty relaxing, not a lot of tourists.

Click here to see more pictures.
















No comments: